maandag 26 januari 2009

IFFR part 1 / I've Been Photoshopped


Today I have watched my first IFFR movie, The Blind Pig Who Want to Fly. It’s an Indonesian produced movie directed by a young director Edwin. He made this movie because he has lost his Chinese roots, he felt more Indonesian. So he wondered why he doesn’t feel like a Chinese.

On my way to the cinema it suddenly hits me that this is going to be the first time that I’m going to the movies all by myself. And I was expecting that it’s going to be crowded with Indo-people.
But nooooo… I ended op in a room full of non-Indo-people and I wasn’t all by myself, some of my classmates where there to.
So the movie started with an introduction of the director who wanted to take a picture of the audience. ‘Can I take photo?’ he asked with an Indo accent to the audience. It was cute, I think that he’s really proud of himself, good for him!

The movie was renewing for me, because I have never seen an Indonesian movie like this. I’m not going to tell everything, but there where some controversial scene’s which can be shocking for the nr. 1 Muslim country.
The main question of the movie was the Chinese-Indonesian identity problem that most people have. The director made this movie in his own perspective. It was really hard to understand the different story lines in the movie and to connect them with the main problem.
Overall it was a good renewing movie. It’s not your everyday movie, but it was interesting to see a political problem from a different abstract view. For me this movie represents that Indonesia has new creative talents.

OW AND I was bored at home, so I’ve decided to take pictures of myself in my comfi going-to-the movie outfit and upgrade my Photoshop skills.

1 reacties:

Nancy zei

ah c00l! we moeten donderdagavond trouwens echt naar the haunted house gaan zo grappig en en je gephotoshopte foto is vet geworden
kusja