zondag 1 maart 2009

I'm not smart, I have skills...

I was just thinking of how great art school is, but does it make me smarter?

People are always raising there eyebrow when I tell them that the Fashion Magazines are my so called school books. We art/fashion students don’t need books to learn art, we have to seek for inspiration to make pretty things.
And I can say that seeking for inspiration to make pretty things is as difficult as learning the pages from non-illustrated books. OK… but to be honest getting inspiration is much more fun, because it is almost a hobby.

We are not stupid and not (always) book-smart. I always say: ‘We have great skills’.
Like for instance 4 months ago I didn’t know how to make a 3D-object of clay. And now looking (picture above) at my first 3D-object of clay, makes me feel surprised that I have that hidden skill in me.

The art school doesn’t make me book smart, but it increases my creative skills.
-LOL now I got this image of me as a Sims character with a skills increasing beam above my head.- So who knows what I can make with my mind and hands in the future!?

0 reacties: